Violin, Viola & Cello Lessons For Children And Adults
Our string instructors will teach all styles of music, from learning to play by ear to reading music. If you want to play classical music or the fiddle, we have a teacher for you. Students can be as young as 5 years old, or younger with the teacher's approval. Our students love learning the fundamentals, as well as incorporating your favorite songs into their lessons. Our violin teachers have friendly personalities and love working with children and teens and adults!.
Researchers agree that learning to play an instrument improves test scores, helps students with higher math achievement, builds self confidence, improves coordination and problem-solving, increases fine motor development and much more – including fostering the basic intrinsic value of developing a love and joy for the arts and music.
Performances are available for each level of study.
PLUS: Join our Practice Club with weekly prizes and chances to win a local area gift card twice each year.
Ages five through eight
Violin Lab Basic Class Activities:
55 Minute Class, 5 Minutes Parent Time Class Materials: Violin Lesson Book/Theory Book.
• Learn the basics of violin including fun simple solo songs.
• Playing together as a group, parts of the violin and bow.
• Intro to notation and rhythms.
• Playing by rote, intonation.
• Care of the instrument.
• Posture, stance, correct fingering, technique, plucking the strings (pizzicato).
• Holding the bow, beginning bowing.
• Musical games and creative materials are included.
• Students bring their appropriately sized violin to their lessons.
• The last 5 minutes of class is for parent questions and assignment clarification.
• Six times a year parents and families are invited into the class for Group Student Performance Week, which is like a mini-concert.
• Most beginners rent a student instrument
(we suggest Cadenza Violins 6905 Coit Rd. Plano, TX 75024 Phone: 469-241-1152).
Lab classes will be ON-CAMPUS, IN-PERSON CLASSES ONLY!! Our Group Lab Classes do not have a virtual option for the 2021-22 school calendar year. Private lesson students will still have the option of virtual lessons. Students who would like a virtual option can join a private lesson series.
Also, our teachers have requested that students who register for the Judged and Graded School Events are attending on-campus (not virtual).
This is for: Theory Test (group music students through level 4, and all private music students)
Achievement Graduations (private students all levels)
Violin, Viola & Cello Lessons
Ages five through adult
PRIVATE VIOLIN, VIOLA & CELLO LESSONS
In a private violin lesson, the teacher has the opportunity to help the student individually for the entire lesson time, and structures each lesson personally for the student depending on their skill level and goals. We teach all styles of music, from the traditional method series teaching approach, to playing by ear and improvisation, through the classics, popular, blues, jazz, ragtime, contemporary – you name it!
Private violin and viola students are welcome to perform at our Coffee House Shows, MusicFest (optional), take the Music Theory Test (graded event) and Achievement Graduations (judged event).
Private Violin, Viola & Cello Lessons Basics:
30, 45, or 60 Minute Weekly Lessons
• Scale Book and Technique Warm-ups, fingerings
• Sight-reading book
• Suzuki Lesson and Method Book with accompaniment tracks
• Repertoire Books (Classical, Student Choice)
• Supplementary Material (popular, jazz, seasonal, sheet music)
• Note Speller Book, or Theory Book
Private Violin and Viola lessons are designed for students to progress at their own pace. Students/parents have input about the style and genre of music they would like to work on. Parent is welcome to observe the lessons, or learn to play right along with the student FREE.
Let us help you with this very important decision to make sure that you choose the right music school for violin or viola lessons for you and your family. Click here to enroll on-line, or contact us directly at 214.436.4058 and we will be happy to help you decide.